Research Associate for the Project “Buddhism in East Asia” (Glorisun Support for the Study of Buddhism) (Two Positions) § 28 Subsection 3 HmbHG
Institution: Faculty of Humanities, Asien-Afrika-Institut (Asia-Africa-Institute)
Salary level: EGR. 13 TV-L
Start date: as soon as possible, fixed for a period of two years (This is a fixed-term contract in accordance with Section 2 of the academic fixed-term labor contract act [Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz, WissZeitVG]).
Application deadline: 08.12.2022
Scope of work: full-time position suitable for part-time
Duties include academic services in the project named above. Research associates may also pursue independent research and further academic qualifications.
Research on a project of the applicant’s own choice and design related to East Asian Buddhism, to be specified in a research proposal (no more than 4 pages, excluding bibliography).
- contributions to ongoing research projects at the Asia-Africa-Institute
- publication of research project results via adequate channels (conference papers, journal contributions, monograph, etc.)
- organization of at least one workshop during the project’s runtime related to the project’s topics
- teaching of project-related content on undergraduate and graduate levels, 2 hours per semester
A university degree in a relevant field plus doctorate.
Knowledge of source languages.
- Reliable remuneration based on wage agreements
- Continuing education opportunities
- University pensions
- Attractive location
- Flexible working hours
- Work-life balance opportunities
- Public transport pass (ProfiTicket) and much more
- Health management
- Educational leave
- 30 days of vacation per annum
As a University of Excellence, Universität Hamburg is one of the strongest research universities in Germany. As a flagship university in the greater Hamburg region, it nurtures innovative, cooperative contacts to partners within and outside academia. It also provides and promotes sustainable education, knowledge, and knowledge exchange locally, nationally, and internationally.
Severely disabled and disabled applicants with the same status will receive preference over equally qualified non-disabled applicants.
Instructions for applying
Prof. Dr. Steffen Döll
+49 40 42838-7201
Prof. Dr. Barend ter Haar
+49 40 42838-2370
Zu Google Maps
Send us your complete application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of degree certificate[s], research proposal [no more than 4 pages, excluding bibliography], and if necessary ID attesting to your disability or proof of equivalent status) via the online application form only.
If you experience technical problems, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on data protection in selection procedures.
Download PDF application
Click to apply (Hamburg website)
Click here for original post