The programs are composed of two 10-day segments. To guarantee sufficient interaction between the student participants with instructors and between the student participants themselves, student enrollment will be limited to 30. Partner universities will be invited to dispatch faculty members from the institution working on Buddhism, with each instructor giving a series of 7 seminars/lectures (each of 2 hours).
The programs also support a series of occasional lectures, to be delivered by 5-7 top scholars, both based in Europe and coming from East Asia and North America. In addition to participating in these seminars and lectures, our student participants will conduct field trips to gain firsthand experience of famed religious sites. They are also encouraged to present their research papers to their program instructors, lecturers, and to their peer participants.
2022 Intensive Program:
- 2022 Glorisun International and Intensive Program, co-organized by Glorisun Network for Buddhist Studies at UBC and at Yale University
- 2021 Glorisun International & Intensive Program on Buddhism ONLINE, in collaboration with Harvard FAS CAMLab (August 4-25, 2021)
- 2020 Glorisun International & Intensive Program on Buddhism ONLINE, in collaboration with Princeton (June 26-July 15, 2020)
- 2020 Tianzhu International & Intensive Program on Buddhism ONLINE, in collaboration with McMaster University and University of Toronto (July 31-August 15, 2020)
- 2018 International and Intensive Program on Buddhism at UBC (July 28–August 13, 2018)
- 2018 International and Intensive Program on Buddhism at University of Cambridge (August 20–September 10, 2018)