With the generous support of the Sheng Yen Educational Foundation, the Research Group in Buddhist Philosophy at the National Chengchi University (NCCU) is pleased to invite applications for a postdoctoral research fellowship. The term of the appointment is August 1, 2018, to July 31, 2019.
The Fellowship is intended to foster the academic careers of recent Ph.D. whose area of research is Chinese Buddhist philosophy, Buddhist Texts in Chinese Translation or Master Sheng Yen’s thought. Fellow is expected to work together with the faculty members at NCCU, and to offer one undergraduate course. The monthly salary (insurance included) is NT$ 55,000. A round-trip economy class flight ticket will be offered to the fellow who is not of Taiwanese citizenship. Applicants must have their doctoral degree in hand by July 31, 2018, and must be no more than six years out of their doctorate.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
(1) Curriculum vitae;
(2) Graduate school transcripts;
(3) Doctorate diploma (Notarization by a Taiwan overseas representative office is required for the recipient of postdoctoral fellowship);
(4) A statement of no more than 2000 words outlining previous research (including dissertation), the research undertaken during the term of the fellowship, future professional goals, as well as any other information deemed relevant to the application;
(5) Writing samples (dissertation or 2-3 articles);
(6) Two letters of recommendation, to be sent directly from the letter writers to the address below.
Application Deadline and Notification of Award
All application materials, including letters of recommendation, must be postmarked on or before April 30, 2018. Emailed applications can be accepted. Only complete applications will be considered. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all documentation is complete and that referees submit their letters of recommendation by the closing date. Awards will be announced by May 31, 2018.
Send all materials to:
NCCU Sheng Yen Postdoctoral Fellowship
Research Group in Buddhist Philosophy
Department of Philosophy
National Chengchi University
NO.64, Sec.2, ZhiNan Rd., Wenshan Dist.,
Taipei City 11605 Taiwan