To promote Buddhist studies, the Center for Buddhist Studies in Peking University (CBSPKU) offers a new postdoctoral fellowship. The CBSPKU Postdoctoral Fellowship is available to recent Ph.D. graduates who engage with Buddhist Studies, preference will be given to applicants with philosophical studies.
- The fellowship will cover a 24-month period, beginning at any time, with a stipend of USD $100,000 total, health insurance coverage for the grantee, and up to $5,000 in research/travel funds.
- Postdoctoral fellows will be provided shared office space and access to the libraries and resources of Peking University.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWS:
Postdoctoral fellows will be expected to organize workshops and other academic work for the CBSPKU.
Applicants must have received their Ph.D. degree outside China in 2015 or later, in any area of the humanities, social sciences, or related fields with serious engagement with Buddhism, although preference will be given to applicants with philosophical research. Fellowship recipients must complete all requirements for the Ph.D. degree by July 1, 2018.
– Curriculum Vitae: Please include citizenship, addresses, email address; academic degrees with dates of conferral, discipline and institution, as well as languages.
– Statement of Research (up to two pages): What do you plan to do at each stage of your research during the fellowship? What are the advantages of doing your postdoctoral fellowship at Peking University?
– Dissertation Abstract and Table of Contents
– List of Publications
– A Letter of Recommendation
Application Time: Anytime (Decisions will be made within two months after application)
Apply by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org